Thursday 21 February 2013

To find the perfect Jean, or to not find the perfect jean....

So, I don't know how the ladies feel out there about jeans, but I have been feeling quite miserable lately with the selection I have. So much, that I have even thought about giving it up completely. There is nothing that looks so good as a great fitting jean with a crisp white shirt and a tailored jacket to lift ones look instantly...

My dilemma , as I am sure many of you face as well is that my body shape isn't a plank!
If it were, I am sure I would have no trouble in finding the right jean with ease.
The second, is that at 1'65 when I get the right size jean, I have to shorten it and this is mostly unavoidable.

My body shape is triangular. So it means that I am basically top heavy with a large tummy and no derrière. Which means that my jeans will fit around my legs and be way too tight around my tummy. Then when I take a size bigger, it looks like a baggy jean. I basically look like Bridgette Jones from "The Bridgette Jones Diaries" but I'm not willing to starve myself like Renee Zelwegger to look like her "normal" self. I have tried, believe me, but I have made piece with myself and my metabolism after trying and trying and failing.
I just love and respect the way that celebs like Adele have embraced their bodies and look absolutely stunning and tasteful.

Then, there are soon many choices...straight cut, skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, bootlegs etc...

Research has shown that our body shapes have changed dramatically in the last decades. We no longer possess the small frames that ladies in the 1920's had.

On the other hand if your African, your full figure use to be a sign of prosperity and wealth, now more and more black girls are trying to conform with the images that the media throws at us.
Most African women are pear shaped, and have the most difficulty finding that perfect jean. Why? There waists are extremely tiny, so if the jean fits around their hips, the waist is too wide and rides up.

The only company that identified the need to address the fact that ladies aren't a straight size in South Africa, has been Levi's that have come out with their Eva jeans. I'm not sure how successful that was, but I commend them for attempting to service their customers needs.

If I do happen to find a pair of jeans that I love, and doesn't "choke" me or gives me a lovely muffin top, I tend to wear it until its absolute end.

I have one such faithful, the boyfriend jean, and I think after all the trails and errors I have faced with jeans, I should stick to it. What do you think?What are your experiences with finding that pair that seems to elude?



No comments:

Post a Comment